Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Local Backup including Offsite Mirrored Backup

So backstory, I am a photographer so deal with lots of large RAW image files. Trying to achieve a solution where I can access all my images although i cannot locally store them. Also have a secure an automated peace of mind backup system in place.

To clarify further, I am trying to find a solution that will do the exact following:

• allow wireless time machine backups in the home (ie. like time capsule) as well as just storing folders/files off my machine
  • ability to access all of these files on the from anywhere where i have an internet connection, including ability to view RAW files as images (ie. admittedly i haven't used time capsule before so unsure if this is a feature or not?)
  • PLUS there is an automated offsite backup of my home backup. One that updates automatically without requiring me to initiate etc. Clearly I would have to be checking time to time that there are no hiccups.. but automation is so key to me.
  • the offsite backup solution having alternative options to just downloading, as large amounts of data can take a long long time to download.

I just purchased and tried out Transporter Sync only to discover that it does NOT support Time Machine Backups (after i was lead to believe they did) - utter frustration as this was the closest I have gotten to solving my situation and yet still so far.

I am aware of many companies that only partially solve my problem, but unaware of a way to connect the way i need.

Does anyone have a solution out there? Thanks....

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 2:20 PM

One that you might investigate is CrashPlan. It supports any combination of local backups, offsite backups to another of your own or a friend's computer, as well as online backup to their site. It allows a "seeded" backup option for the first backup where they ship you a drive and also has a "Restore-to-Door" priority delivery of a hard drive as an option to downloading. Also, individual files can be accessed from your computer or mobile device. http://www.code42.com/crashplan/

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2014 2:20 PM in response to monzeeki

One that you might investigate is CrashPlan. It supports any combination of local backups, offsite backups to another of your own or a friend's computer, as well as online backup to their site. It allows a "seeded" backup option for the first backup where they ship you a drive and also has a "Restore-to-Door" priority delivery of a hard drive as an option to downloading. Also, individual files can be accessed from your computer or mobile device. http://www.code42.com/crashplan/

Local Backup including Offsite Mirrored Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.