Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages download after getting new hard drive.

Our hard drive died and we had a new one installed. When we tried to download a previous purchase of Pages from the App store, we receive the message that we need OS 10.9 or higher. We had Lion when we originally purchased Pages and have the same version of Lion still. Our Mac is from 2006, and we can't download 10.9. How can we get Pages back onto our Mac?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 4:20 PM

If you are running Lion 10.7.5 (last), the OS X App Store may tell you that you need 10.9 to install Pages v5+, but then it will also ask you if you would like to install the prior version instead. Answering yes will get Pages ’09 v4.3 installed on your Lion system. I had Pages ’09 v4.2 on a Mountain Lion installation, and the first two sentences worked for me. I believe the minimum requirements to install Pages ’09 v4.3 is OS X 10.7.4, unless it has changed.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2014 4:20 PM in response to txbusybees

If you are running Lion 10.7.5 (last), the OS X App Store may tell you that you need 10.9 to install Pages v5+, but then it will also ask you if you would like to install the prior version instead. Answering yes will get Pages ’09 v4.3 installed on your Lion system. I had Pages ’09 v4.2 on a Mountain Lion installation, and the first two sentences worked for me. I believe the minimum requirements to install Pages ’09 v4.3 is OS X 10.7.4, unless it has changed.

Jul 13, 2014 4:55 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

Hmmm. The iWork '09 v9.3 standalone Update installer specifically states OS X 10.7.4 as a minimum version. And I could swear that the last entry for Pages ’09 in the App Store before it was expunged — also had a 10.7.4 criterion — but your Snow Leopard install is sufficient validity.

I am out of town for the weekend, and do not have access to my Snow Leopard machine. It has Pages '09 v4.1 installed. It will be interesting if the App Store will offer me an alternative to Pages v5, as it did with my Pages v4.2 on the Mountain Lion machine.

Jul 13, 2014 5:07 AM in response to txbusybees

It is interesting that I was granted an alternative installation with Mountain Lion (10.8.5), and you were not. The difference is that you do not have any Pages installed, and I had Pages ’09 v4.2 installed, which the App Store then updated to v4.3.

I think that you should give Apple a call and explain your situation. Internally, Apple should be able to verify that Pages ’09 was a previous App Store purchase by you, and then do the right thing — either send you an email pointer to access the latest Pages ’09 download, or send you a DVD containing it. There is recent history of Apple doing this reported by members from this community.

I may still have a 2009 Mac Mini with Mountain Lion without any Pages ’09 installed, that I can test with the App Store when I get home from the weekend away, but would encourage the second paragraph action.

Pages download after getting new hard drive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.