Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem backing up contacts

Hi Apple Community.

I have a little problem in hands with my device.

I had a iPhone 5S 32GB Silver until yesterday night, it happens that the mobile was stollen from me. After all the troubles with insurance and everything, I now have a new device, iPhone 5S 16GB Gold. I tried to do everything by iCloud in terms of back up mails and pictures, so far so good, but regarding my contacts the only thing the iCloud sends back to the phone is the email contacts :/

Do you have any tip for me in this case?

Best

Fernando

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 3:16 PM

1 reply

Jul 14, 2014 12:15 PM in response to NJM22

Hi NJM22,

Welcome to the Support Communities! The article below will help you troubleshoot the issue you are having with missing iCloud contacts. The first step is to see if your contacts exist at the iCloud website: icloud.com/contacts. Then follow the instructions below:

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Contacts

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3998

• If you're using iOS 7, quit and restart the Contacts app on your iOS device:
    1. Press the Home button twice to see preview screens of the apps you have open.
    2. Find the Contacts preview screen and swipe it up and out of preview to quit the application.
    3. Tap the Home button to return to your Home screen.
    4. Wait a minute before reopening the Contacts app.
  • Turn iCloud Contacts off and back on:
    1. Tap Settings > iCloud.
    2. Turn Contacts off. Choose to delete data only if your data exists at icloud.com/contacts and on one or more of your devices. Otherwise, choose Keep Data.
    3. Wait a few minutes before turning Contacts back on.

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

Problem backing up contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.