Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP! Stolen identity?

I keep getting texts from an icloud account in my name, it first sent me a link to an instagram page (I did not open the link) and then just now it sent me two texts with loads of emojis on. Why or who is this?

How do I stop them? I don't think I had a icloud account, only my apple id?

Anyone had a similiar experience?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 2:54 PM

2 replies

Jul 12, 2014 3:11 PM in response to britishgirl25

I have received ICOULD mail to an alias I set up in the days of Mac.com -- an @ICOULD user set up the same alias - the alias e-mail routes back to my email.

If it is to you Apple Id account - contact apple to get the mail problem cleared up. They are aware of the problem world wide from the point of view of ICLOUD users who are not getting their mail.

Jul 12, 2014 3:13 PM in response to britishgirl25

iCloud has nothing to do with text messages. iMessage does not use or require an iCloud account.

If you're using iOS 7 and want to block them, add the person to your contacts, then go to Settings>Messages>Blocked, tap Add New, then select the contact. More details here: iOS 7: Understanding call and message blocking.

If you do have an iCloud account and are concerned about someone having unauthorized access, reset the password as explained here: iCloud: Change your iCloud password.

HELP! Stolen identity?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.