Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had Mactheripper as my default DVD application upon insertion. I took Mactheripper off of my system and now when I insert a DVD it won't mount.

How to change the DVD default applicaiton

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 2:58 PM

System Preferences>CDs & DVDs: set the various drop-down menus to your requirement; one of the options allows you to specify any application.

6 replies

Jul 15, 2014 7:22 AM in response to visionvictoria

Hi

A. Did You really - Create a new User account and log into this one and hav a try ? (just to confirm the most common error)

B. Tested by using a Cleaning DVD disk (NO liquid but the kind with brushes)

C. If they both fails --- Apple Store to test if repair is needed - alt. an external CD/DVD-burner.

Did You by any chance - BURN more than three DVDs in a continuous row ? Doing so overheats the DVD-laser and repair is of need - will not self heal.

I burn three - then let it cool down for >30 minutes - then burn next set of three.

Yours Bengt W

Jul 16, 2014 8:24 AM in response to Bengt Wärleby

Thank you for your suggestions. Yes, I did create a new user (took the owl photo, btw) and signed in, same result. And yes, I do have a CD/DVD cleaner with brushes and that did not help. So off to the Apple store I go, unfortunately, it's an hour away so won't happen immediately. I never went on burning sprees, so I don't think overheating would be the problem. I've been leaning to an external burner/reader as opposed to replacing the internal drive, I think it would be cheaper?

I had Mactheripper as my default DVD application upon insertion. I took Mactheripper off of my system and now when I insert a DVD it won't mount.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.