Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't scan with HP 6110 using iMac 10.9.4

I just was given an HP office jet 6110 XI printer, scanner fax. I am using an iMac with 10.9.4. The computer does not see the scanner in preview, image capture or in Pref>printer scanner. It will print, but does not want to scan. I have downloaded all the latest drivers, restarted, disconnected and reconnected, added, deleted the printer several times and still no joy. I have a hp 3180 all in one and it scans with that just fine.

thanks for your input

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 3:28 PM

According to this link only Print is available for your officejet 6110 XI

OS X: Printer and scanner software available for download

Try Preview.app or Image Capture.app in Applications to see they they work with the scanner. Look under File in the Menu bar. Do you see Import from scanner?

If these do not recognize your officejet 6110 XI, Vuescan will most likely work. It's not free but has a demo so you can check it out first. This has been around for years and is a well supported.

VueScan Scanner Software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux

http://www.hamrick.com/

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2014 3:28 PM in response to Yioutta

According to this link only Print is available for your officejet 6110 XI

OS X: Printer and scanner software available for download

Try Preview.app or Image Capture.app in Applications to see they they work with the scanner. Look under File in the Menu bar. Do you see Import from scanner?

If these do not recognize your officejet 6110 XI, Vuescan will most likely work. It's not free but has a demo so you can check it out first. This has been around for years and is a well supported.

VueScan Scanner Software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux

http://www.hamrick.com/

I can't scan with HP 6110 using iMac 10.9.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.