Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come my contacts no longer sync from my iPhone to my macbook air?

My contacts used to sync from my iPhone onto my computer. they no longer seem to do this and my iCloud is still on. on my phone it says that the contacts are being uploaded to iCloud but they must not be being downloaded to my computer. this feature still works on my mac mini how ever it doesn't work on my macbook air. suggestions?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 3:12 PM

1 reply

Jul 12, 2014 3:57 PM in response to znc123me

Try adding a test contact on your phone and see if it appears on iCloud.com. If it does, but doesn't appear on your Mac, go to System Preferences>iCloud on your Mac, uncheck Contacts, choose Delete from Mac (they will still be in iCloud), then restart your Mac and go back and check Contacts again. See if the test contact from your phone appears on your Mac now.

If the test contact doesn't appear on iCloud.com, go to Settings>Mail, Contacts,Calendars>Default Account (in the Contacts section) on your phone (if you see this setting) and make sure it's set to iCloud. Then try adding another test contact and see if it appears on iCloud.com now.

How come my contacts no longer sync from my iPhone to my macbook air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.