Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari has stopped loading images

Ok so I seriously need some help quickly here, I've been on my laptop all day and it's been fine but since about an hour ago (although I didn't know the extent of it until just now after trying a few different webpages) Safari has just stopped loading any images whatsoever. I thought it may have just been a Youtube glitch, where I first saw it, when the thumbnails weren't loading but the videos were working fine but now I've noticed that no webpage is loading any images at all, no logos, no photos, no buttons in some cases which must be clickable images I guess. I've tried the good old 'quit and reopen it and hope it's fixed itself' method and tried restarting my entire Macbook (a mid-2011 Macbook Air if it makes any difference) but neither has fixed it. Has something been disabled/enabled somehow that I'm not aware of or what?

To note too I also updated Safari yesterday to 6.1.5, along with iTunes and some security settings too I think when the system update popped up if that may have effected it somehow although it's been working fine all day up until now. I seriously need some help asap!

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 3:37 PM

3 replies

Jul 12, 2014 3:58 PM in response to Andy-N

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website Data

Then delete the cache.

Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If nothing above helped, troubleshoot Safari extensions.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

Jul 12, 2014 4:27 PM in response to Linc Davis

Yeah I figured this out a few minutes after posting the question when I saw someone else had a similar problem so I checked in the Develop menu which I have on my top bar and the 'disable images' thing was checked for some reason, unchecked it and problem seems to be solved.

My question now is though why the **** did that select itself randomly?!

Safari has stopped loading images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.