Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto Upgrader not working??

I had a white Macbook from 2008 that I am clearing off and getting rid of. I cleared everything onto a WD My Passport Hard Drive and am trying to get everything on to my new Macbook Pro that runs the latest version of iPhoto. I downloaded the iPhoto Upgrader and every time I choose the library that needs upgrading, it says, "Your library can now be upgraded by the current version of iPhoto. Do you want to launch iPhoto?" and when I click "launch" it tries to open the latest version of iPhoto and it still won't open.

Anybody know what to do??

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 3:44 PM

12 replies

Sep 1, 2014 2:57 PM in response to geomblog

Not the exact same problem - different drive - different version of iPhoto

so what is the answer to the question

What format is the MyPassport WD drive? For the iPhoto library to work correctly it must be on a drive formatted Mac OS extended (journaled)

And to get the first aid window you must "Hold down" the option and command keys until the first aid window appears -- but until you verify the format you may be wasting your tie doing anything since unless the drive is correctly formatted nothing is going to work

LN

iPhoto Upgrader not working??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.