Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Make screen saver from folder of images in Quartz Composer?

I have been searching for guidance regarding using Quartz Composer to make a screen saver that displays images in a folder. I found mention of a Folder Images patch, but that patch does not appear to be in the version of Quartz Composer that I have, which is Version 4.6. Might someone be able to provide some guidance regarding this matter?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 7:05 PM

You'll need to use the Directory Scanner patch.

See Quartz Composer tutorial 6: Dynamic Slideshow on Vimeo for a good tutorial for this.

5 replies

Jul 13, 2014 6:06 PM in response to John with a G4

Glad it helped. Quartz Composer is a great tool for a lot of things not to mention it is a lot of fun to work with.

Apple use to point to it as one of the things that made Macs different, how you could do this amazing and complicated stuff with no formal programing. I've always enjoyed just linking patches together and seeing what comes out.

Unfortunately I fear that QC is not going to be around a lot longer, it just doesn;t seem to get the same level of attention as it once did. Enjoy it for now but I wouldn't base anything truly critical on it.

regards

Make screen saver from folder of images in Quartz Composer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.