Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX Mavericks core audio Apogee Duet firewire

Hi guys,

I've read a lot of posts with core audio problems, with int/ext sound card, USB, firewire etc etc.

So I've been testing my Apogee Duet firewire with the latest updated driver and 10.9.4 Mavericks.

With Console open I just waited for the dropouts/stutter/clicking famous problems.

It happened whit a Youtube video and a song on SoundCloud.

User uploaded file

This is a screenshot of what happened during the dropouts and clicks. As you can see many times per second. Like the noise you hear.

I hope that someone read this discussion. I don't know how to send this to Apple. Maybe they can solve finally this system bug.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 4:58 PM

3 replies

Jul 18, 2014 7:47 AM in response to filterscope

Unfortunately the same problems here with Edirol FA-101 and 10.9.4 :-(

There were some promises from Apple that it will be fixed from v. 10.9.3, but still nothing...

In my information the problem is with the Fusion drive - but c'mon, it is Apple developed system, for what we paid quite much in extra to be implemented in the system... (and to be fair, it does work well in speeding up the Mac)

I also hope it will be fixed soon!

Bests, g

OSX Mavericks core audio Apogee Duet firewire

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.