Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore to factory setting

I bought a Macbook pro from a friend and tried to restore to it's factory settings. I went online and followed a youtube video. I was able to erase everything and then went to do the next step in reinstalling Maverics and it is telling me to contact apple care cause it can not verify my creditentials or something. So now I have a computer stuck in restore mode. How do I get out of it.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 5:48 PM

3 replies

Jul 12, 2014 6:11 PM in response to trinaellison

Did you just get an Apple ID? Did you get and respond to a verification email: Associating and verifying email addresses with your Apple ID?

In order to download Mavericks either you must have downloaded it before such that the App Store treats this as a re-download; or, you must have a previous version of OS X installed that came with your computer or that you purchased, such as Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion. You must first install the OS X version you already own, then access the App Store to download Mavericks.

In short, read the instructions in the link I provided to restore your computer to the factory defaults when you got the computer new.

Restore to factory setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.