Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imessage Deactivates itself ios - 7

I recently upgraded to a 5s from a 4. I woke up this morning to find my iMessage had been deactivated. It did this the day before I upgraded on my 4. Any one know why?

Its Just imessage that deactivates, facetime is fine.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 11:33 AM

Hi there imaxmain,

Take a look at the troubleshooting steps in the article below. I would recommend starting with steps 5 and 6 for the issue that you are experiencing.

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2755

To resolve issues with sending and receiving iMessages, follow these steps

1. Check iMessage system status for current service issues.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and make sure that you registered iMessage with your phone number or Apple ID and that you selected iMessage for use. If the phone number or Apple ID isn't available for use, troubleshoot iMessage registration.
  3. Open Safari and navigate to www.apple.com to verify data connectivity. If a data connection isn't available, troubleshoot cellular data or a Wi-Fi connection.
  4. iMessage over cellular data might not be available while you're on a call. Only 3G and faster GSM networks support simultaneous data and voice calls. Learn which network your phone supports. If your network doesn't support simultaneous data and voice calls, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi on to use iMessage while you're on a call.
  5. Restart your device.
  6. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings on your iPhone.

-Griff W.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2014 11:33 AM in response to imaxmain

Hi there imaxmain,

Take a look at the troubleshooting steps in the article below. I would recommend starting with steps 5 and 6 for the issue that you are experiencing.

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2755

To resolve issues with sending and receiving iMessages, follow these steps

1. Check iMessage system status for current service issues.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and make sure that you registered iMessage with your phone number or Apple ID and that you selected iMessage for use. If the phone number or Apple ID isn't available for use, troubleshoot iMessage registration.
  3. Open Safari and navigate to www.apple.com to verify data connectivity. If a data connection isn't available, troubleshoot cellular data or a Wi-Fi connection.
  4. iMessage over cellular data might not be available while you're on a call. Only 3G and faster GSM networks support simultaneous data and voice calls. Learn which network your phone supports. If your network doesn't support simultaneous data and voice calls, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi on to use iMessage while you're on a call.
  5. Restart your device.
  6. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings on your iPhone.

-Griff W.

Imessage Deactivates itself ios - 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.