Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I replace AirPort Extreme with AirPort Time Capsule, and will I be able to keep my same Wi-Fi network?ame

If I replace my AirPort Extreme with an AirPort Time Capsule will I be able to keep my Wi-Fi network settings, i.e. network name, etc?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 5:42 PM

Yes, you can use the same information in a Time Capsule. When you have the main configuration screen open select Import Configuration File from the Airport Utility's File menu.

2 replies

Jul 12, 2014 8:11 PM in response to j.v.fromnc

First......you will need to Export the current configuration settings stored in AirPort Utility for the AirPort Extreme and save the file to the desktop or another location. Name this file anything that you want.....like....Airport Settings, for example.

User uploaded file

Then......when you are ready to install the Time Capsule, import the settings using AirPort Utility for the AirPort Extreme to the Time Capsule.....as Kappy suggests.

User uploaded file

Can I replace AirPort Extreme with AirPort Time Capsule, and will I be able to keep my same Wi-Fi network?ame

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.