Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Make Game Center forget my old email

I changed the email address for my Apple ID a few weeks ago And disassociated the old one with my account. I have had no problems other than with the Game Center. For the App Store and stuff, it always has my right email when asking me to sign in but whenever I have to sign into Game Center, it keeps remembering my old email in the Apple ID part.

My problem with this isn't serious, just irritating because the Game Center is constantly disconnecting so I have into keep logging in and because it remembers the wrong email, I have to retype the email and password and I just want to reconnect as quickly as possible and get back to my game. I play games on my ipad almost all day and have to log into the Game Center over and over almost every other time I close a game and start up a new one so I want to make those log ins as quick as possible. I never had this disconnection issue on iOS 6 but it's been a persistent mess since iOS 7 (I saw the article about not staying connected and firewall and opening ports but I have no idea how to do that or if it's even the problem so thats why I'm not focused on fixing the constant disconnections, just the email issue) So is there anyway to make the Game Center forget my old email and remember my new one so I only have to re type my password?

if it's important, I have an iPad mini with iOS 7.1.1.

I have logged in and out of the Game Center in both the app itself the settings I with no difference,

i have reset my ipad (lock button and home button) a few times for various reasons, but it doesnt affect it.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 6:08 PM

6 replies

Dec 7, 2017 10:06 AM in response to Crestie

This is still an issue in the latest version of iOS 11. When I turn game center off and back on, it asks me if the account I want is under the email address I used for the account eight years ago. Technically it is the correct account but if I click yes, it obviously gives an "incorrect password" response. It would be nice if the account would load correctly with the latest login information. This is not a problem in the App Store or anywhere else like the OP said, just game center.

Dec 7, 2017 1:49 PM in response to tetrapetrichord

Steps to reproduce the bug:

1. Make an AppleID with email address aaa@example
2. Sign in to Game Center using that ID in iOS settings

3. Change the email address associated with the AppleID to bbb@example

4. In Settings --> Game Center, turn OFF the slider called "Game Center"

5. In Settings --> Game Center, turn ON the slider called "Game Center"

6. It will prompt you with the following message: “Set up Game Center as aaa@example?”

7. Tap “Not aaa@example”

8. Sign in using the bbb@example credentials

Now comes the weird part:

9. In Settings --> Game Center, turn OFF the slider called "Game Center"

10. In Settings --> Game Center, turn ON the slider called "Game Center"

11. It will prompt you with the same following message: “Set up Game Center as aaa@example?”

However, this is not right. It should prompt with the new email “bbb@example”.

>>>No matter how many times this procedure is followed, it always prompts for the oldest email associated with the same AppleID, even if that email has been disassociated with the account. <<<

If you tap “Continue”, it prompts for the password to your account, but uses the old email address. Due to that, it doesn’t validate properly with Apple. If you tap “Not aaa@example”, you are required to type all your credentials, and if you disable Game Center and reenable it, you are faced with the same issue. It still thinks the email associated with the account is “aaa@example”.

This is nothing more than a bug in the software.

Make Game Center forget my old email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.