Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Light Source For iPod Touch?

I have a broken screen IPod Touch 4th Generation. Okay, so i was charging my IPod Touch. A few minutes later, i got on my IPod. the screen was so dark i could barely see. I was than pressing on the screen where the front camera was at, and suddenly the brightness started to change around. It than shut down on me. i couldn't turn it back on since than. I tried connecting to Itunes but it don't seem to work. Oh yea, the top part of the ipod is a bit broken (glass came off). is there something i can do to my IPod to fix it? Perhaps opening it or anything. I'm not sure if its the brightness or it's plain old broken. i had it for 2 years. 4th Gen IPod Touch. Reply back asap! Thank You.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 5:23 PM

Apple does not consider iOS devices as user serviceable and does not sell parts except to authorized service centers.

You could get an out-of-warranty replacement for your iPod by making a Genius Bar appointment at your nearest Apple Store. Bring money.

If you want to do it yourself go to http://www.ifixit.com and ask your questions in that forum. If you do open it yourself you can no longer avail yourself of the option I listed above.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2014 5:23 PM in response to LaiLo9

Apple does not consider iOS devices as user serviceable and does not sell parts except to authorized service centers.

You could get an out-of-warranty replacement for your iPod by making a Genius Bar appointment at your nearest Apple Store. Bring money.

If you want to do it yourself go to http://www.ifixit.com and ask your questions in that forum. If you do open it yourself you can no longer avail yourself of the option I listed above.

Light Source For iPod Touch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.