Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help with iTunes

I have a new laptop, downloaded the lastest iTunes software, signed in with my apple ID - authorized computer and I see my purchased music from cloud only. What happened to my purchases such as music and apps before Icloud? I use an Iphone 5S and ipod 5 touch.

Thanks

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 5:03 PM

1 reply

Jul 12, 2014 5:08 PM in response to shigirl_50

They are contained in your iTunes Library which you need to copy from your old computer's /Home/Music/ folder and install on the new computer in the same location. Also copy the com.apple.iTunes.plist preference file from /Home/Library/Preferences/. The Library file is invisible, so see the following:

Exposing the /Home/Library/ Folder

Pick one of the following methods:

A. This method will make the folder visible permanently. Open the Terminal application in your Utilities folder and paste the following at the command prompt:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

Press RETURN.

B. Click on the Desktop, press the OPTION (⌥) button, select Library from the Finder's Go menu.

C. Select Go To Folder from the Finder's Go menu. Paste the following in the path field:

~/Library

Press the Go button.

help with iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.