Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connection timeout when connecting to wifi at home only

I recently moved to some apartments where internet is provided free throughout, so I do not have access to the router. When I first arrived, my computer (MacBook Pro, running 10.9.4) had no problems connecting. After about a week, it had stopped connecting and whenever I attempt it, I get this 'connection timeout' message or it immediately tells me to run diagnostics. I've tried turning my computer off and on, my software is up to date, I tried creating a new location under the network tab, manually joining the network and deleting the network from my known networks (along with all other ones) and re-adding it, but to no avail. My computer connects to the internet just fine at school and my iPad and iPhone both connect fine here at home where I'm having all of these problems. What can I do, if I don't have access to the router?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 5:20 PM

There are no replies.

Connection timeout when connecting to wifi at home only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.