Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 won't connect to home wifi

iPhone 4 won't connect to home wifi, but Kindle and laptop will. Network name does not appear on list of available networks on iPhone. Please help. Thanks.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 7:01 PM

2 replies

Jul 12, 2014 7:50 PM in response to FoxFifth

Hi Guys!

I am having the exact same trouble and have already tried all the fixes on the Apple support page recommended above, including:

Unable to connect to a Wi-Fi network

1. Verify that you're attempting to connect to your desired Wi-Fi network.
  2. Make sure you're entering your Wi-Fi password correctly. Passwords may be case sensitive and may contain numbers or special characters.
  3. Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note: This will reset all network settings including:
    • previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords
    • recently used Bluetooth accessories
    • VPN and APN settings

I don't have any other issues with my phone and it stopped overnight...I hadn't changed any settings. I've hard restarted it twice, done the most recent update, turned Bluetooth off and on and still no connection. The phone sees the wifi networks, it just won't connect and even my 3G is super weak.

I'm leaving on a three month trip in 5 days so ANY helpful advice would be appreciated!! I'm taking it in to an Apple Store tomorrow.

Thanks!!

iPhone 4 won't connect to home wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.