Announcement: Update to iOS 12

Enjoy a faster and more responsive experience as well as fun new features, like Memoji and Camera Effects.
Get iOS 12 > https://support.apple.com/ios/update

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: New iOS 7.1.2 update & Facebook messenger

I Updated an iPhone 4S to 7.1.2 and the Facebook Messenger app disappeared. It does not show up when doing a search in searchlight. However when I go to the App Store to install it says "open" like it is installed. However when I tap open nothing happens. Also when opening FaceBook the messenger icon is grayed and will not open. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Facebook. Before and after hard restarts. No luck. Any suggestions?

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Jul 17, 2014 12:42 PM in response to deblorenz In response to deblorenz

This same issue happened to be, or at least the effects of it. I have an iPhone 5 that is on iOS 7.1.2. Facebook Messenger's icon does not appear on my phone and cannot be found in Searchlight. The App Store thinks I have it installed and offers me to Open it, but it does not do so. The "Messenger" button in the main Facebook application also does nothing.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Jul 17, 2014 12:42 PM in response to deblorenz In response to deblorenz

This same issue happened to be, or at least the effects of it. I have an iPhone 5 that is on iOS 7.1.2. Facebook Messenger's icon does not appear on my phone and cannot be found in Searchlight. The App Store thinks I have it installed and offers me to Open it, but it does not do so. The "Messenger" button in the main Facebook application also does nothing.

Jul 17, 2014 12:42 PM

Reply Helpful (27)
User profile for user: deblorenz

Question: New iOS 7.1.2 update & Facebook messenger