Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OSx stuck at bootup after update 10.9.4

I am holding a Mac book pro mid 2011. I have upgrade my hard disk from a Toshiba 750gb to a OWS solid state drive recently.

A few days ago, I updated my mbpto 10.9.4 and restarted it without problem. During then, I had a dual screen setup. After the update, I disconnect and reconnect the VGA cable only to find that both my screens were having display problem. There were many lines horizontally across the screen. I disconnected the VGA cable and my Mac works fine after a restart. I was able to use it for another day without problem.

This morning I turned on my mbp without the dual screen. I opened a video streaming. When the video loads my Mac display went crazy and it just freeze. I restarted my mbp a few times trying to watch the video. In the end, my mbp always freeze at bootup. When my mbp starts, I see the grey apple logo with many lines horizontally across the screen. After the apple logo disappear, it went to a total white screen and hung there, and I could hear my fan or CPU running heavily.

I have tried the following methods but nothing works:

1. Pram reset

2. On startup I press and hold option and go to 10.9.3 recovery mode

3. Smc reset

4. Tried to boot from a maverick bootable USB

Please help because there r some very important files in there

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 7:15 PM

There are no replies.

Mac OSx stuck at bootup after update 10.9.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.