Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The calendar app doesn't display calendar

The calendar app on my macbook pro used to open to a calendar when I clicked on the icon. Suddenly, today no calendar appears when i click on the icon. Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 8:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 8:14 PM

Bigbandss,

Paste this text ~/Library into the Finder Menu>Go>Go to Folder...window and select "Go." This will open the Users Library Folder.

Then open the Calendars Folder which is in that Library Folder, and move any any files with "Cache" listed in the name field to your Desktop.

Next open the Preferences Folder in that same Library Folder and move the com.apple.iCal.plist file to the Desktop.

Log out/in or restart and open Calendar.

User uploaded file

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2014 8:14 PM in response to Bigbandss

Bigbandss,

Paste this text ~/Library into the Finder Menu>Go>Go to Folder...window and select "Go." This will open the Users Library Folder.

Then open the Calendars Folder which is in that Library Folder, and move any any files with "Cache" listed in the name field to your Desktop.

Next open the Preferences Folder in that same Library Folder and move the com.apple.iCal.plist file to the Desktop.

Log out/in or restart and open Calendar.

User uploaded file

Jul 13, 2014 7:20 AM in response to Ferd II

Thank you for your excellent instructions. They worked. But now I have a follow-up question. I can't seem to get rid of the 5 "cache" icons on my desktop and the "com.apple.ical.plist" icon. They are frozen in place and I can't move them or put them in the trash or anything. As I type this message to you one of the cache icons is actually appearing on this very page as I type, because it is behind the page on my desktop. Can you help me with this?

Jul 13, 2014 8:19 AM in response to Ferd II

I did the restart and now the cache icons and an untitled folder are showing on my desktop and they can move once again. The untitled folder when opened lists all of my files, applications, devices and tags. When I click on my finder, there is already a named file with the same contents. How do I get these cache and untitled folder icons off of my desktop without undoing the stuff I want to keep?

Jul 13, 2014 11:50 AM in response to Bigbandss

Without compromising your identity/personal information, can you provide a screenshot of your observation?

If not, compare the "Untitled" folder with the "Named" File using "Get Info."

What is the name of the "Named" Folder?

Are there any aliases involved?

It is possible that you inadvertently duplicated a folder during your troubleshooting attempt?

What happens when you drag the cache/plist files on the Desktop to the Trash?

The calendar app doesn't display calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.