Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore Iphone 4s

My Iphone 4 screen got shattered, so I took my phone to my phone company and had them switch my service to my old android until I could afford to get the screen fixed, once I got the screen fixed i took both phones back in to have the service switched back, and they told me the serial numbers didn't match, but the phone still had all of my messages and pictures, so they messed with it and tried updating it and it got put into recovery mode and they couldnt get it out, so i hooked it up to my itunes and it went through the whole extracting software thing and then a pop-up came up that said "the Iphone could not be updated, device not found" what do i do?!

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 7:40 PM

1 reply

Jul 12, 2014 9:32 PM in response to Caby17.cp

Caby17.cp wrote:

... once I got the screen fixed i took both phones back in to have the service switched back, and they told me the serial numbers didn't match ...

Did an Authorized Apple Service Provider do the iPhone repair? It sounds like the answer is "no." If in fact the answer is "no", you may be out of luck.

In any event, you should ask the place that did the repair for assistance.

Restore Iphone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.