Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Restoring the window layout" hang - tried everything! HELP!

I'm in Mavericks and am experiencing that "Restoring the Window Layout" hang that is kinda infamous around these parts.

Except that in my case, I've done EVERYTHING that all the other links suggest. I have:

*Trashed the Layouts folder (inside Users/myusername/Library/App Support/Final Cut Pro)

*Trashed prefs (inside Users/myusername/Library/Preferences)

*Followed the instructions to remove FCPX entirely (as found here: Final Cut Pro X 10.1: How to remove and reinstall Final Cut Pro X) *and* repeated the removal of Layouts and prefs as stated above.

And the problem still persists.

I am [attempting to run] the latest version (10.1.2). Purchased through the App Store so it is verified as the latest.

I can in no way get FCPX to launch properly. Every time I try, it hangs during the launch on the "Restoring the Window Layout" launch screen. I do see my last-used project partially drawn behind it, but the window is all funky (things are in weird places).

Please help...kinda desperate here...

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 7:28 PM

IIf you're seeing your last opening project behind it you haven't trashed your preferences. Hold Option-Command when you boot the application. Do not launch a library.

2 replies

"Restoring the window layout" hang - tried everything! HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.