Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 sleep/wake recall denied!!!

I was happy to hear there was a recall recently on the faulty iPhone 5 with a sleep/wake button issue. Both my housemate and I had and have (respectively) experienced the same issue. She successfully had her iPhone replaced, but unfortunately I didn't receive the same fate today. It is an intermittent problem which is made clear on the apple website quoting "may stop working or work intermittently", but the man who had a very brief look at my phone today, on a somewhat busy Sunday morning, clicked the sleep/awake button "30 times" and said, "It seems to be working fine to me." I'm sure we press our sleep/awake button many more than 30 times a day, and as the owner of the phone, I know that there is an issue with the button. I even checked the serial number eligibility range, and my phone falls within this faulty batch of iPhone 5. Having 3 iPhones, an iPad and 2 MacBooks in my personal possession, I am a fan of Apple products and have been for many years. Extremely disappointed that they could not help out a loyal customer with this issue, basically calling me a liar for saying the button is faulty. I will endeavour to get this phone replaced as there is a manufacturer's issue with the phone that shouldn't be my responsibility. I don't normally complain/provide feedback on such issues, but this is an issue that needs to be rectified by Apple.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 8:07 PM

1 reply

iPhone 5 sleep/wake recall denied!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.