Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari launches but hides window

Each time I launch Safari all the menu appears immediately but the window flies off to the right of the monitor and hides from view. Any help? I am desperate. I have a Mac Pro (2006) running OS 10.7.5. I can not say for sure which version of Safari I have since when I click "About Safari" menu the window hides from the view. But I am pretty sure that I have the latest version that my OS supports since I used software update. I think it is version 6. something. Please help!!!

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 10:40 PM

6 replies

Jul 13, 2014 12:00 AM in response to andamova

Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If nothing above helped, troubleshoot Safari extensions.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

Jul 13, 2014 8:37 AM in response to andamova

1. From the application's menu bar, select

Window Zoom

2. If an external display is connected and turned off, either turn it on or disconnect it.

3. Open Mission Control. Close all desktops except Desktop 1 by positioning the cursor over each one and then clicking the X button in the top left corner. In Desktop 1, move the missing window, if need be, so that it won't be hidden behind the Dock.

Safari launches but hides window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.