Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

uninstall Safari 7.1

I installed Safari 7.1 not knowing it was a developer trial and now I can't open Safari at all. How do I uninstall and get back to the previous version of Safari that worked perfectly well?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 9:43 PM

One way would be to restore your whole startup volume from a Time Machine snapshot the predates the installation. Another way, perhaps, is to reinstall OS X. At some point Apple might release a discrete installer for Safari 7.0.5 to remedy its mistake, but there's no way of knowing whether or when that will happen.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2014 9:43 PM in response to ProfGold

One way would be to restore your whole startup volume from a Time Machine snapshot the predates the installation. Another way, perhaps, is to reinstall OS X. At some point Apple might release a discrete installer for Safari 7.0.5 to remedy its mistake, but there's no way of knowing whether or when that will happen.

Jul 13, 2014 2:22 AM in response to IoNonciRoberto

I already had OSX10.9.4 installed and tried unsuccessfully to dump Safari v7.1 but was not able to so. In the end I just reinstalled OSX 10.9.4 ignoring messages that it was already installed. It too a long time but eventually it worked and I am now back using Safari 7.0.5. A long costly error. Don't update Safari independent of updating OSX.

uninstall Safari 7.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.