Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an original iPad and when I try to login on Yahoo through Safari it will not log me in. What could be the problem?

My original iPad will not log me into Yahoo through Safari. It's been this way for one week. I can access Yahoo on my PC with no problem so I think the problem is my iPad or Safari.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 10:49 PM

6 replies

Jul 17, 2014 7:38 AM in response to Saxman1947

I have probably the same trouble. since a week or 2 I cannot login to my ymail account with my ipad1 (OS-X 5.1.1). I use safari, go to the yahoo website enter my id and password and that's it. Nothing happens then. It is as if the login key has not been pressed.

I can retrieve emails via my macbook and also via my PC w/o any problems.

I cleared all data of safari and also all cookies but no success.

Jul 19, 2014 1:42 AM in response to hjh1311

I'm experiencing the same problem. Like hjh1311, I'm using an iPad 1, running iOS 5.1.1 (the most recent version that runs on this model). When I go to the Yahoo login page , I'm able to enter my user name and password. When I try to press the "sign in" button, the button plus the user name and password boxes turn gray as a single unit, then go back to normal, but nothing else happens.

Jul 19, 2014 6:17 AM in response to swj814

Your description of the behavior of the ipad1 during a login attempt is more precise than mine, it is the exactly as my ipad1 reacts and supposedly as all other iPad1 will behave. This could be solved either by apple with an update of the safari browser for ipad1. I do not think that apple will do that. Also yahoo could undo the change of the login procedure which they recently made and which is incompatible do the ipad1s safari browser. They hardly will do that either if not be urged by lots of ipad1 users.

!!!! SO SEND COMPLAINS TO YAHOO, PHONE THE HOTLINE ETC !!!!!!

Otherwise you have to buy a new iPad or to change the email provider.

Jul 19, 2014 7:18 AM in response to hjh1311

There are probably a lot of us original IPad users out there with the same problem. (Maybe Apple paid Yahoo to change its software sign-in to get us all to buy new IPads...LOL). In any event, I think the idea of bombarding Yahoo with requests to change the software is a good one...the only one I've seen. But, they don't make it easy to contact them: phone lines are always busy and I can't find any e-mail to use to reach them. Do you know their E-mail address?

I have an original iPad and when I try to login on Yahoo through Safari it will not log me in. What could be the problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.