Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EXS Articulation ID, Smart Controls & CC#1

I've been programming some EXS instruments with custom samples and saving them as patches with custom channel strips and smart controls so I can add them quickly to new arrangements. On some of my new patches everything works fine. On some, when I programmed the smart controls with articulation ID switches, the Mod Wheel (CC#1) no longer switches articulations even though it's programmed in the mod matrix of the EXS24 to do so. I can't figure out what's going wrong.

One of my patches isn't even receiving ANY MIDI (Logic shows notes coming in, but EXS doesn't respond). Some patches with the EXS24 will playback regions correctly where I used the event list to change articulation, but I STILL can't switch the articulations as I play with the Mod wheel. Weird! Does a Smart Control assigned to Art. ID interrupt CC#1 from changing the Art. IDs?

After much experimentation, I'm still flummoxed. Any ideas?😕

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 10:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2016 11:49 AM

I was pulling my hair out over this problem; I now look ridiculous.

I have found if you take an instrument from the "Library", one that has "smart controls" you cannot re-assign the articulation ID. However, if you create a new track, and then choose the EXS24 instrument and proceed using that choice, you can get it to work. You will not have smart controls, which may intercept the articulation ID and short-circuit you from controlling it.Also, note the instrument name has a + appended to it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2016 11:49 AM in response to eMacstudio

I was pulling my hair out over this problem; I now look ridiculous.

I have found if you take an instrument from the "Library", one that has "smart controls" you cannot re-assign the articulation ID. However, if you create a new track, and then choose the EXS24 instrument and proceed using that choice, you can get it to work. You will not have smart controls, which may intercept the articulation ID and short-circuit you from controlling it.Also, note the instrument name has a + appended to it.

EXS Articulation ID, Smart Controls & CC#1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.