Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can hear my guitar but I can't hear amp models? I am running it through a Focusrite interface.

I am running my guitar through a Focusrite Scarlett 2i. Garageband sees it, but I am unable to hear different amp sounds. Additionally, no signal is received when I record?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 4:35 AM

You need to choose the interface as your input and output device, Garageband > Preferences > Audio Midi. You will then need to choose the track input channel and turn monitoring on. Then switch the interface so you hear the playback from computer, right now all you are doing is hearing the input of the interface.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2014 4:35 AM in response to myatroopa

You need to choose the interface as your input and output device, Garageband > Preferences > Audio Midi. You will then need to choose the track input channel and turn monitoring on. Then switch the interface so you hear the playback from computer, right now all you are doing is hearing the input of the interface.

I can hear my guitar but I can't hear amp models? I am running it through a Focusrite interface.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.