Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please why can't I buy iTunes gift card? (Nigeria)

iit seems it's only allowed within US which I honestly think is odd. If you can charge our accounts/cards for every other thing then why not gift cards? Please help explain this. Thanks.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 1:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 1:31 AM

iTunes gift cards are available in a number of countries, not just the US, but all iTunes gift-cards are country-specific - they can only be redeemed and used on accounts in their country of issue.

If/when Apple might make them available in Nigeria we won't know (these are user-to-user forums) until Apple announce something.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2014 1:31 AM in response to Jeff Corbin

iTunes gift cards are available in a number of countries, not just the US, but all iTunes gift-cards are country-specific - they can only be redeemed and used on accounts in their country of issue.

If/when Apple might make them available in Nigeria we won't know (these are user-to-user forums) until Apple announce something.

Jul 13, 2014 3:49 AM in response to King_Penguin

Thanks king penguin. Was asking because there is a game I play that for some idiotic reason, it won't let me buy items in it. But when I switch to US region. I then have access to the options to buy. The game is called "game of war" and I was hoping the gift card would solve the issue. Are there games that are region specific by any chance?

Jul 13, 2014 4:09 AM in response to Jeff Corbin

Some games are only available in particular countries, it depends upon where the rights-holder grants Apple a license to sell them (and the same thing applies to other content e.g music etc). It looks like the game is available in the Nigerian store, if I'm looking at the correct game, but the description page in the Nigerian store doesn't have the 'top in-app purchases' listed on it, so I wonder if they are available in the game in the Nigerian store

Game Of War - Fire Age : Nigerian store description page :

User uploaded file

US store description page :

User uploaded file

Jul 16, 2014 12:14 AM in response to King_Penguin

TThat's the problem am having. You can get the game and play it. But it never allows you to do in app purchases. When I switched over to US region, I was able to access the in App Store. That was the only time it worked. When I switched back to Nigeria....I wasn't able to access it again. So is this iTunes fault or the game itself? And how do I make them fix it, cus honestly they are morns and keep saying I should complain to iTunes that they don't handle any cash transactions.

Jul 16, 2014 12:30 AM in response to Jeff Corbin

I'm assuming that it's the game itself, normally games that have IAPs have the 'top' ones listed on their description page in the store, but that game doesn't - other games in the Nigeria store have their top IAPs listed so it's not as though they aren't possible in Nigeria. Do IAPs show as an option when your country is set to Nigeria, or do you get an error message when trying to buy them ?

If it's not showing as an option in the game then the developer should be the ones to look into it, as it's them that are potentially losing money : http://www.machinezone.com/contact/

You can also contact iTunes Support via this page (but they might just tell you to contact the developer) : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/ - click on Contact iTunes Store Support on the right-hand side of the page

Please why can't I buy iTunes gift card? (Nigeria)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.