Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod was purchased at a pawn shop, and we can't figure out the parental passcode, How do I change it?

My ipod was purchased at a pawn shop, we started buying games and etc. but now we can't erase them due to the fact we don't know the passcode. need some help on how to change it, without losing everything we have on the iPod.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 2:29 AM

3 replies

Jul 13, 2014 2:37 AM in response to aFlyingHorse

No, the iPod will have to be erased. If it is a 5G iPod with iOS 7 you will also have to enter the previous owners ID and Password to use the device

iCloud: Find My iPhone Activation Lock in iOS 7

Forgotten RESTRICTIONS Passcode

- Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and restore via iTunes. For how to restore: iTunes: Restoring iOS software

You have to either:

- Restore from a backup that was make before you added the Restrictions passcode. If you restore from a backup made with the Restrictions passcode the Restrictions passcode is also restored.

- Restore to factory settings/new iPod

My iPod was purchased at a pawn shop, and we can't figure out the parental passcode, How do I change it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.