Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resetting iPad for new user

Sorry...I'm new here and I think I posted this under a wrong Community. i went to Browse Communities below and there was nothing to do with iPad so I chose Appleworks. But I'll just type in 'iPad' after this and try my luck.

Here's my earlier post:

-----

Hi all.

I've read that Erase All brings the iPad back to how it was when it left the shop. But I need to comfirm something 'cos here's the situation:

1. I just sold my mum's iPad to a third party shop. All done, or so I thought.

2. I get a text asking for my Apple password so they can format the iPad.

3. I reply that it's not needed for Reset All/Erase All. (NOTE: No Passcode was set on iPad)

4. I get a text today saying: "But we need to change the app store. Otherwise if any other person buy it they cannot create new account. Maybe you can come and type it. After that we can reset in front of you."

Does the shop really need my password? I was under the impression that Erase All would do a factory reset and clear my Apple ID from the IPad too. Then the next person just sets up their own ID.

By the way, this is not a shop I really trust which is why I'm being so cautious. Also, I don't fancy going all the way there again.

Thanks so much in advance and sorry for the long ramble 🙂

Andrew

Will 'Erase All Content and Settings' remove Apple ID from my iPad 2?

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 1:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 1:56 AM

You must remove device from your account before they can activate it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4515

3 replies

Resetting iPad for new user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.