Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring Keychain Passwords When Reinstalling OS

I have keychain passwords enabled across all my devices - iMac running Mavericks, and iPad and iPhone running ios7. I chose not to set up a security code as I did not want my passwords stored in the Cloud.

My question is: if I need to completely reinstall my OS, or choose to do a clean install of a future update to OS such as Yosemite, how do I restore my keychain passwords without a security code?

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 1:59 AM

4 replies

Jul 13, 2014 6:53 AM in response to PJRS

Thanks for your response, PJRS, but if I were to do a clean install of, say, Yosemite I would almost certainly choose not to migrate my users from a TM backup. I would prefer to reinstall all my software from scratch and only restore data files from Time Machine (most are held on an external disk anyway). Could I still restore Keychain passwords from Time Machine in this instance (and if so where would I find them)?

Restoring Keychain Passwords When Reinstalling OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.