Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple volume levels on iPhone5

Something that has confounded me for some time is the (varied) volume level of my iPhone 5s over my car audio system. (I am running the latest iOS version)>

I have the iPhone plugged directly into the 3.5mm port of the car audio system; I am not using bluetooth.

After setting a comfortable volume for playing music via iTunes, I will get an incoming call and have to boost the volume considerably in order to hear the caller. When the call is terminated, the volume of the music is now, of course, deafening and I have to scramble to turn it down. Embarrassing when someone else is in the car as they conclude that I don't know how to set up my iPhone properly.

Thanks for any help on this.

Bob

-----

" The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."

- George Bernard Shaw

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 4:25 AM

There are no replies.

Multiple volume levels on iPhone5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.