Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11.3 not starting properly

Hi,

I don't really know how to describe this problem as I have no idea why or how it has occured. I've tried downloading an iTunes installer from the Apple website but I still get only this, it's really annoying as I prefer to use iTunes to listen to both downloaded music and bought music on the iTunes store as I have an iPhone too. Oh and in the picture you will see that it says Agree and No Thanks but I can't click any of them. (It hasn't worked in the previous updates before 11.3 either)

But if someone of you could help me it would be amazing.

Thanks, Harry

User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 3:13 AM

3 replies

Aug 2, 2014 9:28 PM in response to Harry Forselles

I had problems after installing iTunes 11.3 too, and thinking WAY back to Word and PageMaker on OS 7.5 tried a similar recovery that worked for me.

1. I moved the following four files to a temporary directory:
    • iTunes Library Extras.itdb
    • iTunes Library Genius.itdb
    • iTunes Library.itl
    • iTunes Music Library.xml
  2. Then I started iTunes, which created new versions of these files.
  3. I then quit iTunes and waited to make sure it had finished saving updates to these files.
  4. I finally removed the new copies and put to originals back.

iTunes 11.3 now works fine for me. No uninstall/reinstall, and all my playlists and media survived.

iTunes 11.3 not starting properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.