Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How much does it cost to have a notebook look at

I need to take my Mac to a local store to have it looked at, and was wondering what, if any, costs will be associated with them just looking at it?

I know the issue is that it will not turn on, when the power button is pressed a green light flashes on the side, but that is it.

I look at the charger(power cable) and the charger port on the laptop itself, and both connectors looks brownish/black like it short-circuited part of the connector.

It use to charge the battery, then the charger kept the green light on(which indicated the battery was fully charged) when indeed it was not.

Anyways, I just need to get an estimate on how much repairs will be, Idk if this can be price in this post/topic I am writing, or if I would need to actually take it(which I am thinking of doing, but if it costs to have it looked at, then it would have to wait til I get paid, and of course I need to know how much to save back).

Thank you for your help.

Also. If I posted in wrong section. Kindly tell me. Thank you.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 3:47 AM

1 reply

How much does it cost to have a notebook look at

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.