Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iomega Prestige Hard Drive Not Recognized

I've recently noticed my Iomega Prestige 1 TB hard drive has not been showing up on my computer. I have my Time Machine backed up to this hard drive. The last back up shows it was done in April so I'm assuming it's been down since then and I haven't noticed.

I've tried restarting the computer, unplugging the the hard drive but nothing seems to work. I even changed the USB location on the back of the Mac.

The hard drive seems to working just fine. The lights on as normal and I can hear it start up. When I go to Applications I don't see it listed nor do I find anything in Spotlight.

I've been searching for drives but haven't had any luck finding anything for Mac.

Anyone have any recommendation on what the problem can be?

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 4:56 AM

1 reply

Iomega Prestige Hard Drive Not Recognized

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.