Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Select a photo in smart album then find it in library?

I have recently moved from iPhoto '09 to iPhoto 11. Before, if I found a photo in a smart album that I wanted to see in context (in its event, or in the full library), I could select that photo and then switch to the library (or other album/events/folder, etc) and it would still be selected. I couldn't necessarily find it, but by going to full screen and then out of it, I would jump to my selected photo (or photos). Now I can't find a way to do anything similar. Anyone got a tip/trick for doing this in iPhoto 11?

Here's an example of how it's useful:

I have a smart album of photos with no Place associated. I see one photo in there but I'm not sure where to place it. I would like to jump to its event to see which others it was taken with. (Let's assume, for now, that all the others in the event were given Places, so they aren't in the smart album together.)

Thanks in advance for any tips!

-Michael

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 7:22 AM

right click on it and show event

LN

6 replies

Select a photo in smart album then find it in library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.