Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes/ipod problems(photos)

Hello, I recently decided it was time to upload the pictures on my ipod to my itunes on my computer(not a mac) i got onto itunes plugged in my ipod with the connectivity plug then i went into the ipod files on the computer and it had 6 blank files with photo names on them, i have many many photos so i asume they are within these blankfiles, when i try to open these files with itunes, nothing happens, so i went onto the ipod section with itunes, clicked on photos then i clicked sync photos from: (the name of the location of the photos) then it says delete and sync photos from ipod, i clicked yes and then all my photos from my ipod were deleted, so i thought they were on my itunes, but it said on it: 0 photos, im very confused at the moment and i would really appreciate some help on this matter as i have many many childhood photos on their, thank you.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 6:20 AM

1 reply

Jul 13, 2014 6:34 AM in response to EmeraldPitcher

iTunes is only used to sync photos from a computer to a device, it's not used to copy photos from the device. I'm not sure what you mean by 'went into the iPod files on the computer' (?). By selecting a folder on the Photos tab in iTunes and syncing it you were telling iTunes to replace any photos that were on your iPod that were synced to the iPod from a computer with the images in that folder - so it deletes existing synced images from your iPod and syncs new images from your selected folder on your computer to the iPod (if there weren't any 'proper' images in that folder then effectively only the first step is done i.e. photos synced last time would have been deleted from the iPod, but not replaced with anything).

How did the original set of photos get onto the iPod ? If they were taken with the iPod then they should still be on it (i.e. in the camera roll album in it), and you should be able to copy them off via windows camera wizard or windows explorer on a PC : iOS: Import personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

Itunes/ipod problems(photos)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.