Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New 2014 iMac or refurb Late 2013 iMac?

Finally replacing my old iMac and read some conflicting reports on whether the latest refresh of 27" iMac were better or worse than the Late 2013 iMac. I will be getting the 3.4 with 1TB Fusion Drive. Does it matter or did they improve the latest revision.

It's not about the price, they are almost the same, it's about which is better.

Thanks!

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 8:16 AM

Well, the support pages/tech specs only show the late 2013 27" iMacs - there is none listed for this year. The only 2014 is a 21":

Apple - Support - Technical Specifications

Compare those specs to the store's listings of 27" and you'll find they're the same, so I'd suggest getting a refurb as you should save some money. My last 3 Mac purchases were all refurbs. Great deals.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2014 8:16 AM in response to mattdean

Well, the support pages/tech specs only show the late 2013 27" iMacs - there is none listed for this year. The only 2014 is a 21":

Apple - Support - Technical Specifications

Compare those specs to the store's listings of 27" and you'll find they're the same, so I'd suggest getting a refurb as you should save some money. My last 3 Mac purchases were all refurbs. Great deals.

New 2014 iMac or refurb Late 2013 iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.