Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please, somebody help me. I have managed to click on my Documents folder and unfortunately, they've gone into the trash can next to them. I can't get them out again. How do I do it?

Help

I clicked on my documents folder (located next to the trash can) and have unfortunately put it into the trash. The documents are still there but the documents folder has disappeared. How do I get it back again? I need to know because some special things are in that folder. I didn't do it on purpose, I was just trying to move the documents from one side of the trash can to the other and it just went into the bin.

At the moment we're trying to arrange a funeral for my husband and I'm getting rather fraught with everything.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 8:06 AM

A am sorry to hear of your loss.

Click on the Desktop and do Command+n a New Finder Window should open. On the left do you see a folder named Documents? If so, select it - is it empty? If so, leave the Documents window open and then open the Trash where hopefully you can see all the files you want to recover? Select one file and then do Command+a to 'select all' and then drag them to the open Documents folder and release. The files should now be back where you need them. With the Documents item in the left side panel of the Finder window selected, click and drag it to the Dock and position it to the left of the Trash can, a space should open to accommodate it. Let go and your Documents icon should be back in place.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2014 8:06 AM in response to anne adshead

A am sorry to hear of your loss.

Click on the Desktop and do Command+n a New Finder Window should open. On the left do you see a folder named Documents? If so, select it - is it empty? If so, leave the Documents window open and then open the Trash where hopefully you can see all the files you want to recover? Select one file and then do Command+a to 'select all' and then drag them to the open Documents folder and release. The files should now be back where you need them. With the Documents item in the left side panel of the Finder window selected, click and drag it to the Dock and position it to the left of the Trash can, a space should open to accommodate it. Let go and your Documents icon should be back in place.

Please, somebody help me. I have managed to click on my Documents folder and unfortunately, they've gone into the trash can next to them. I can't get them out again. How do I do it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.