Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto incompatible with Mavericks

Hi guys

I have just updated my Mac pro to Mavericks, however i am not able to open iPhoto because it says its incompatible with this software. All my photos were saved in iPhoto. Have i lost them 😟? can i access them again? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 7:25 AM

5 replies

Jul 13, 2014 8:20 AM in response to Shaab

First off it is unlikely you have not lost your photos. By default they are stored in ~/Pictures where "~/" indicates your user folder so unless you deleted that folder the images are still there. IPhoto 9.5.3 is compatible with Mavericks 10.9.4. My best guess would be you have an out of date version of iPhoto. The latest version of iPhoto can be downloaded from the App Store and after that App Store should automatically keep iPhoto up to date.

Jul 13, 2014 9:33 AM in response to Shaab

This screenshot shows which previous versions of iPhoto are compatible with Mavericks. It also indicates which versions qualify for a free upgrade to iPhoto 9.5.1 and which require a purchase:

User uploaded file

Note 1: every day more users are reporting problems with iPhoto 8.1.2 so I've included it in the non compatible category.

Note 2: If your previous version of iPhoto was iPhoto 7 (08) or earlier you'll need to download and run the iPhoto Library Upgrader 1.1 application on the library before opening it with iPhoto 9.5.1

User uploaded file

Jul 13, 2014 12:00 PM in response to Shaab

Backup your iPhoto library and go to the App store - if you own any version of iPhoto '11 use the free update to version 9.5.1 - if you own an older version of iphtoo purchase and install iPhoto '11 version 9.5.1 and you will be ready to go - if your current version is iPhoto '08 (version 7.x.x) or older you will need to first download and run the iPhoto library upgraded then launch iPhoto to compl;eye the library upgrade

LN

iphoto incompatible with Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.