Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No mail folder in time machine backup

Hello everyone!

So, I have a problem.

I recently managed to total my macbook pro due to being incredibly stupid (water damage).

I bought a new one and thankfully had a backup on my time machine.

Now, since my old macbook gave me trouble every now and again I decided to set the new one up completely new, only transferring certain files from my time machine backup, which worked great.

However, all my emails are gone. I have been going through other people's questions on here and nobody seems to have the exact same problem as I do, so here it goes.

I found my normal /Library/Mail/V2 folder on my current mac, but there is no such folder on my time machine backup (there is a library but no "mail" folder). I can also not go into the older backups via the star wars thing, only through clicking on my backup via the finder. Apparently my laptop won't recognise the ones coming from the older macbook.

Also, any emails I have stored in folders in the Mail program are still there, but since I haven't done that in ages (again, stupidly) most of my emails from the past year have disappeared. I really hope I can somehow get them back but I'm at the end of my rope.

Both MacBooks were/are using Mavericks.

I'd really appreciate any help you guys can offer.

Best wishes,

Lynnication

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 7:57 AM

1 reply

No mail folder in time machine backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.