Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing song length

I edited a song in iTunes to be shorter. When I play it on my Mac it plays at the shorter interval but when I use Apple TV or my iPod it plays at the original length. How can I fix this?

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 5:28 PM

bfg1953 wrote:

I edited a song in iTunes to be shorter. When I play it on my Mac it plays at the shorter interval but when I use Apple TV or my iPod it plays at the original length. How can I fix this?

Setting the Start and Stop times does not actually make it shorter. It only tells iTunes where to Start and Stop.

After you set the Start and Stop times, use the command Create AAC (or MP3) version. The newly created file will have only the selected portion.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2014 5:28 PM in response to bfg1953

bfg1953 wrote:

Setting the Start and Stop times does not actually make it shorter. It only tells iTunes where to Start and Stop.

After you set the Start and Stop times, use the command Create AAC (or MP3) version. The newly created file will have only the selected portion.

Editing song length

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.