Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

11.3 Update freezes Podcasts

iTunes crashes when I try to update a subsciption, when I try to delete, when I try to download and anything else

the only thing still working I found was transfer of already downloaded file to Playlist

Has anybody found a remedy? I've been on the phone with the help desk yesterday for 5 hours. She did a lot of nice cleaning up and updating but iTunes didn't improve.

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 9:11 AM

I only know this workaround: after launching the podcast update, switch ASAP to another list view (i.e. "Music" or "Applications") and don't come back to "Podcast" view until the update is completed…

9 replies

Jul 13, 2014 9:27 AM in response to Tevseric

thanks!

I've found that out also but the prospect of losing access BBC podcast offerings (they expire) depresses me

and isn't it amazing that the poor woman at the help desk working away at my MacPro for 5 hours had no idea that the mistake is not with me.

Apple is really doing well by its customers after less than 9 months after the last time when they delivered everything that's in the cloud on the screen and didn't provide any tools to hide it.

They are true wizards - I hope Steve Jobs will find soon out how to throw lightning at them

Jul 13, 2014 10:53 AM in response to Tevseric

I agree - it is aiming too much atwhat in German is called an egg laying wool milk sow

but since the crumbling manifests itself first in that part of the system which generates no income for the iTunes-Shop it is clear to me that I am the type of customer that isn't wanted any longer

Podcasts became the unwanted child ABIR about 2 years ago - since then with every update they've built in one or several small hitches.

The update before 11.3 brought the big news that when you delete a formerly downloaded Podcast file - it would remain in the playlist - marked but had to be deleted a second time .... once upon a time Apple's management of iTunes was hailed all over the place that management of stored files hadn't to be done several times.

Jul 14, 2014 7:56 AM in response to robdbirch

LOL

I'd say of no current importance

but seriously your assumption that an Apple developer is capable of messing up anything qualifies IMHO as blasphemy within the Apple Universe - Apple developers by definition are higher beings. Why else could the idea that the mess could be a fault of Apple never ever even entered the mind of the woman who worked away at cleaning up my Mac for 5 hours without success except in non-iTunes areas.

but really seriously now I think Apple is on track to revert to what it was before storming the market with iTunes - a highly sophisticated speciality for certain kinds of geeks.

all those prolls (short for proletarian in German) who dare to not be content with the crumbs from the high-ups tables are too much trouble and need to be disciplined. Podcast-Aficionados seem to be such a small bunch that they provide perfect training ground for how to silence people who insist that they are entitled to functioning programs instead of mysteries.

Jul 15, 2014 7:30 AM in response to Silkefromdeu

I have the same issue with my Mac Pro running Mavericks and iTunes 11.3. Instead of updating my podcasts in the List View, I change to All Unplayed. Then I update the podcasts and they update almost normally. Never update in List view -- I guess that is where the problem is. By the way, I have a large number of files (mostly old time radio) of 340 GBs.

Good Luck,

- Russ in Santa Barbara

Jul 15, 2014 7:31 AM in response to Silkefromdeu

I have the same issue with my Mac Pro running Mavericks and iTunes 11.3. Instead of updating my podcasts in the List View, I change to All Unplayed. Then I update the podcasts and they update almost normally. Never update in List view -- I guess that is where the problem is. By the way, I have a large number of files (mostly old time radio) of 340 GBs.

Good Luck,

- Russ in Santa Barbara

11.3 Update freezes Podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.