Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i added an account to my apple id now i cant sign in!

i changed my original email on my apple id and then my laptop wouldn't recongize the old one so i added the old accoun't email to the new account. the old account also had my fone on it and it won't allow me to sign out of the old account because it doesn't recognize it. I tried to sign out of the old one but i need the password which i forgot and tried to reset the password but i have not gotten any of the emails so i cannot reset it.

All i want to do is change the old email to the new one on my phone

thanks!!

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 9:13 AM

4 replies

Jul 13, 2014 10:07 AM in response to pripri712

To change the iCloud ID on your phone you have to go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, provide the password for the old ID when prompted to turn off Find My iPhone, then sign back in with the ID you wish to use. When you do this you may find that the password for your old ID isn't accepted. If this should happen, and if your old ID is an earlier version of your current ID, you need to temporarily recreate your old ID by going to https://appleid.apple.com, click Manage my Apple ID and sign in with your current iCloud ID. Click edit next to the primary email account, change it back to your old email address and save the change. Then edit the name of the account to change it back to your old email address. You can now use your current password to turn off Find My iPhone on your device, even though it prompts you for the password for your old account ID. Then save any photo stream photos that you wish to keep to your camera roll. When finished go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account and choose Delete from My iPhone when prompted (your iCloud data will still be in iCloud). Next, go back to https://appleid.apple.com and change your primary email address and iCloud ID name back to the way it was. Now you can go to Settings>iCloud and sign in with your current iCloud ID and password.

i added an account to my apple id now i cant sign in!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.