Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black screen MBP after Maverick upgrade

Installed the maverick upgrade on my MacBook Pro night before last. When it restarted, the screen goes to black. Mouse shows. Reset PRAM, reinstalled using command R twice. Ran disk permissions. Still no progress. Everything was fine before the software upgrade. How do I get it back!?!

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 8:38 AM

13 replies

Jul 13, 2014 9:17 AM in response to proette

Just as a last resort, try -> Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC).

I don't know of any reason why a Mavericks installation would cause the sort of problem that you describe. And I certainly don't know if resetting the SMC will fix that problem. But it's worth a try...

Clinton

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS Mavericks 10.9.4, 16GB Crucial RAM, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, 27” Apple Thunderbolt Display

Jul 13, 2014 9:49 AM in response to proette

proette,

I'm afraid that the only thing that I can recommend at this time is a visit to your local Apple Store or AASP (make an appointment first).

I've no idea why installing Mavericks should present the problem that you're having - maybe the Apple techs can find the cure. It may be that you've had a hardware failure that's independent of the Mavericks installation? Let the techs figure it out.

Good luck,

Clinton

Black screen MBP after Maverick upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.