Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone say storage is almost full when iTunes shows over 2 gigs of free space?

I regularly get a message warning that my IPhone 4's storage is almost full. Yet when I look at the bar at the bottom of iTunes summary it shows almost 2gigs of free space?

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 9:11 AM

2 replies

Jul 13, 2014 11:17 AM in response to KiltedTim

The iTunes message on the computer reads: "The iPhone "--" cannot be synced because there is not enough free space to hold all of the selected items.

I only have 321 songs using 1.97 gb of space with 2.85 gb of freespace.

When the phone isn't plugged in to the mac I get a message that says. "Storage is almost full. Go to Settings to manage this". Something like that. Can't really remember the EXACT wording of that one. Also, I just noticed that on the phone when I look at the list, all 2830 are listed followed by what looks like an iCloud symbol with a red arrow pointing down.

Hope that helps.

Why does my iPhone say storage is almost full when iTunes shows over 2 gigs of free space?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.