Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

song imported to itunes disappears from display when played on windows 7.

itunes 11.3.0.54 running on windows 7. i have both itunes-store-bought and imported songs in my library. when i play an imported song, itunes plays it, but also removes it from the display. The song is still in the library, it is just not displayed in itunes. restarting itunes does NOT make it reappear in the display. upgrading to a new itunes version DOES make it reappear in the display, but as soon as it is played, it disappears again..

Posted on Jul 13, 2014 8:36 AM

7 replies

Jul 13, 2014 9:47 AM in response to turingtest2

I just noticed this yesterday, but it may have started before. The first thing I try when I have an error is to upgrade itunes. I haven't upgraded itunes in months.

Yes, the songs (all imports) that disappear from the itunes music library display when played are still in the Windows music album folder.on disk.

Interesting -- I created 2 new playlists; one just a simple playlist with all 14 imported songs from the same album, the other a Genius playlist that included 3 songs from the same album. In either case, when I play a song in the playlist, itunes plays it, and it remains in both playlists (and can be played over and over), but it disappears from the itunes music library display.

Jul 13, 2014 12:19 PM in response to turingtest2

i went back to the previous .ITL copy, 2014-5-21, and same problem. So I went back to the next most recent .ITL copy, 2013-09-21. and that seems to have fixed the problem. Now I have two more questions:

1) I'm sure I upgraded since October of last year, and then I upgraded again yesterday to 11.3.0.54. Will that cause other problems?

2) Now the itunes purchased library shows about 200 songs less than I had yesterday. Are they lost, or can I get them back?

song imported to itunes disappears from display when played on windows 7.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.